Are you seeking new input for professional development and international exposure for your photographic work? Do you crave inspiration and an opportunity to connect with peers from around the world?
ISSP invites artists working within the medium of photography to apply to become a part of FUTURES, the prestigious European-based photography platform dedicated to supporting emerging talents in photography.
5 artists will be selected to join the platform in 2024.
What kind of artists are we looking for?
The submission is open to photographers and contemporary artists working with photography, who
– are coming from or currently based in Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia, as well as Ukraine (one artist from Ukraine may be included in the selection);
– can demonstrate dedication and continuity in their artistic practice;
– are eager and ready to benefit from the international network, tutoring and exposure opportunities offered by the platform;
– have had an artistic practice lasting for a duration from 3 to 10 years, including at least one solo exhibition;
– can submit a strong photographic work developed during the last three years.
We recommend the candidates to check out the profiles of 10 artists nominated by ISSP in the previous years.
What does participation in the FUTURES platform offer?
– Participation grant of €500 per artist.
– Conversations with international professionals, online and in-person.
– Invitation to take part in the programme of networking events, workshops and talks at the Futures Annual Event during 13th ORGAN VIDA International Photography Festival in Croatia (travel costs and accommodation covered).
– Access to exclusive Magnum online education platform of talks and workshops especially developed for FUTURES artists.
– Opportunity to apply to the internal open call for the annual traveling exhibition.
– Opportunity to apply for a tutoring session with one of the platform members’ curators.
– All FUTURES artists are featured at futures-photography.com website and promoted via the FUTURES social media channels and the annual publication.
– Beyond 2024 – participation in the online education platform, internal open calls and other education and networking opportunities.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 21 January, 2024 (midnight) EET time.
The selected candidates will be notified by 26 January and must be ready to submit additional materials (full CV, portrait, 15 low and high resolution images) by 1 February.
Co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union from 2017, the FUTURES Photography Platform pools together the experience of leading photography institutions across Europe in order to increase the capacity, mobility and visibility of its selected artists. By bringing together a wealth of resources and curatorial expertise, each talent selected by the Futures members gains access to unprecedented international network of professionals as well as new markets and audiences. Currently the platform has 20 member institutions across Europe, who are invited to nominate artists to join the platform each year. ISSP is the platform member since 2022.