Neringa Municipal Council, together with NAC of the Vilnius Academy of Arts, invites professionals working in the fields of visual and applied arts, design, architecture, art history, theory, and criticism who are living and working in Lithuania and/or Lithuanian citizens and are not based in Lithuania to submit applications for the 12th edition of the Neringa Scholarship.
NAC encourages designers, architects, artists, historians, new material scientists to propose projects featuring intersecting and transdisciplinary practices. The program is also open to curators, as well as those working with performing arts, sound, material research/craft, and film. In addition, transdisciplinary proposals from professionals in other fields are welcome. The NAC residency programme is not open to BA or MA students.
The scholarship grants a 1000€ stipend and a one month residency at NAC during the period of 1–30 November 2023. The amount of the stipend does not change in the case of a collective application. Applications are accepted until 16 May. The final selection is made by the jury of delegated members of Neringa municipality.
Living and working conditions
NAC can host up to five residents at any time. Each resident is provided with a 65m2 live/work space equipped with basic kitchen facilities, a bathroom, and work space. Residents have full access to communal spaces such as the reading room and workshops with weaving looms, laser cutting, basic wood and metalworking tools, basic photo, video and sound equipment, silkscreen, and a hand printing press. In addition, residents are invited to work with naturally-seasoned, Neringa-sourced timber logged over the past three winters and stored on-site at NAC.
Children / Partners / Guests / Pets
All are welcome to stay at NAC during the residency period. Guests and partners pay a pillow fee of 8€/day.
(1) Completed application form.
(2) Portfolio, sample of work, or publications (selection of 3–5 relevant projects)
(3) Current CV (max. 2 A4 pages)
(4) Submit all documents in a single file PDF (max. size 5MB), in the order listed above using the following title: ‘Full Name_ Neringa23.
Submit all documents to: email@example.com
Selection process and criteria
Applications are assessed by the NAC Team and a selection of 5 are proposed to the jury of delegated members of the Neringa municipality.
Evaluations are based on the applicants’ submitted materials according to the following criteria:
– professional artistic practice, relevant experience in showing and discussing work in public;
– necessity of conducting work in Nida and understanding of NAC as institution and organisation;
– impact of spending time in Nida for one’s general practice;
– the project’s feasibility of being implemented during a month-long residency at NAC and presented at the end of the residency.
The scholarship is funded by Neringa municipality.