Riga Photomonth announces an open call for entries under the title of the upcoming festival New Chic. Photographers from all over the world are welcome to submit their photo series that are based on critical interest in the new and ever-changing conditions of photography as a medium in contemporary visual culture. Approximately 35 photo series will be selected for screening in a special event in public space during the festival’s opening week on 9 May 10pm at Kaņepes Culture Centre – in the evening after the festival’s official opening. Please read our terms and conditions before applying!
Terms and conditions
- Open to photographers worldwide of all ages.
- The submitted photographs must interpret the subject New Chic.
- Photographers may submit 8-12 photos from one series. Submission deadline: 2 March 2018 23:59 GMT+2. The Riga Photomonth team will shortlist and the results will be announced by 1 April 2018.
- Each participant can submit only one application (one series).
- The submitted entries must follow these guidelines: hi res files, 2000-2500 px long side, JPG, RGB, maximum compression.
- Please entitle your entries as follows: “name_surname_number”, for example, “jane_doe_01.jpg”.
- The entry should also include a .doc or .docx file that contains applicant’s name, surname, year of birth, country of residence, e-mail address, web page and the title and/or short description of the series (up to 500 characters).
- Applications should be sent to email email@example.com using Wetransfer file transfer programme.
- The participation fee is 1 EUR payable via PayPal at the time of sending your application. Make sure you pay with the same email you make the application.
- Entries that are received after the deadline, are not formatted following the guidelines and those who fail to pay the participation fee of 1 EUR will not be judged.
- The selected works will be shown as an open-air projection in an event on 9 May 22.00 at Kaņepes Culture Centre in Riga, where the official festival opening party will be held.
- By submitting an application to the call for entry, the applicant grants a permission to Riga Photomonth to showcase the entries free of charge in the festival. Also, the applicant gives Riga Photomonth and its partners a permission to use the submitted works for publicity.
- In case of questions or problems with submission, please email: opencall @ rigaphotomonth.com
More information: http://rigasfotomenesis.lv/en/2018/open-call